Saturday, May 16, 2009

Confessions of a convert

Hi

Finally I switched to Mac. Windows Vista was turning point for me. I asked myself "if a new version of a product is worse than previous one, do I need to put up with this?" 

Switching has been so far smooth. Inevitably there is some learning curve, but I am prepared for this. 

The purpose of this blog is to keep notes about the Mac environment and share them with the world. My primary focus would be in the software development area.

As an experienced Windows software developer, I would like to explore the possibilities offered by Mac. I am primarily interested in Cocoa and iPhone development environment. 

My first-phase plan is:
  1. Learn Objective-C
  2. Learn Cocoa
  3. Port my password management tool into Mac
  4. Learn developing Dashboard gadgets
  5. Learn developing iPhone gadgets
My second-phase plan is:
  1. Learn Python
  2. Learn Google App engine
  3. Deploy my Mac utilities at a Google App engine site
Programming and learning new technologies are my life-long passions. I urge everyone to find and follow their passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

iTerm2 - How to auto-close sessions and auto-exit when last one closed

 Problem There are two problems when you close sessions and windows in ITerm2. When you gracefully exit from ITerm2 sessions with a recommen...